Labels

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Bird View of Love!

Who am I? A bird that perches
On your balcony by daily habit
Feeding on strewn sentences
Of kind, though disenchanted joy
That you find in my company
And your occasional happiness
On hearing me merrily chirp
Or happily flutter my wings
Momentary togetherness in time
That my flights of fancy cherish
Through my days spend in yearning
For the next sunset and morning
When I return to your home
Ah! I am no pet of yours
And yet I am not wild or free
A persistant visiting dreamer
In love with uncertainity!

September 2004!
Atlanta, GA!

1 comment:

Vivek Sharma said...

from sulekha:


Maria S comments:
on Apr 15 2005 12:27PM delete this comment block this user
"A persistant visiting dreamer
In love with uncertainity!"


Nicely expressed!

Just like the birds (bloggers) who visit Sulekha:)

Maria


Vivek Sharma comments:
on Apr 15 2005 11:56AM delete this comment block this user
smita, booky, chay,

ur comments wd inspire more posts for one:), thanks for liking it...

its interesting though, how the sentences I like most in the poem are readily identified by everyone.... This is actually one of my untitled poems; while posting on sulekha it became A Bird's view of love!

smitasamm comments:
on Apr 15 2005 4:56AM delete this comment block this user
'Feeding on strewn sentences' :) wah so beautifully and perfectly formed, a lovely poem, thankyou for sharing it.

Bookworm33 comments:
on Apr 14 2005 6:27PM delete this comment block this user
Vi

'Feeding on strewn sentences"

and not on silence? that too...., no?
Lovely poem

Booky

chayalife comments:
on Apr 14 2005 5:56PM delete this comment block this user
"A persistant visiting dreamer
In love with uncertainity!"

:-))))))

Viv....oh Viv!!
dunno how to articulate!! :-))
will try laters...

Chay