Labels

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I duuno where I am going

I dunno where I am going
You may ask, then whats the point
I think if I keep on fighting
Who knows, what I will find!

You tell me to be happy
Happiness is generally misunderstood
You perceive it in giggles and laughter
Who ever knows whatever's the truth!

You ask me to have goals and dreams
Ambition and drive to get ahead
But trust me, just working on my dreams
Might not even earn me my daily bread!

You prize order and knowledge
And call my amorphous self vain
I believe as a child I knew myself
That blissful ignorance caused me no pain!

I may have grown older and no wiser
But there I few things I've realized
That self-belief breeds all heroism
A determined self must be praised, prized!

So when I dunno where I am going
I trust myself and make my own path
Pretty lost, but struggling at the moment
I'm sure this won't forever last!

I ask you to stay and criticize
Show me my flaws and possibilities
Through your words I'll correct myself
But I must still live with uncertainities.

Oh! I dunno where I am going
You may ask then whats the point
I think if I keep on fighting
Who knows what I'll find!

Written in second week of Nov, as I wandered through Home Park, Atlanta, 2005!
It is highly unsatisfactory reproduction of what I was singing as I walked, will work on it when I remember the original sentences that the melody has had strung together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you get the melody ... this is something to use pod cast for :)

loved this one too. since you said ...

Show me my flaws and possibilities
Through your words I'll correct myself


there are a few typos ... :p

I believe as a child I knew myself
That blissful ignorance caused me no pain!


something doesn't sound right ... I believe I knew myself as a child?

But there I few things I've realized (replace I by a)

I'm sure this won't forever last! (be after forever?)

Ardra said...

Just Dream away...
and March ahead...
make your own trail...
Sucess too is sometimes misunderstood...

Kabhi Kabhi rasta hi manzil ban jaati hai...

ardra

Vivek Sharma said...

thanks for pointing out the flaws bleu; if you can do that more often, I will be most indebted to you!

ardra: as always your words are inspiring and appreciated: you write so welll yourself:)!